Putting Out The Fire Before It Starts
The Northern Medical Weight Loss staff are dedicated to the overall health and preventative care of our patients.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (source: CDC), in 2008, overall medical care costs related to obesity for U.S. adults were estimated to be as high as $147 billion. People who were obese had medical costs that were $1,429 higher than the cost for people of normal body weight. Obesity is linked with reduced worker productivity and chronic absence from work. Obesity is financially costly, but more importantly obesity puts your health at risk. And these increased health risks are ones that you cannot afford:
- Coronary heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Cancers, such as endometrial, breast, and colon cancer
- High total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides
- Liver and gallbladder disease
- Sleep apnea and respiratory problems
- Degeneration of cartilage and underlying bone within a joint (osteoarthritis)
- Reproductive health complications such as infertility
- Mental health conditions
We firmly believe that by participating in a medically-directed weight loss program, developed by Northern Medical Weight Loss, you can gain control over obesity-related diseases, and get yourself on the path to health and wellness.